The Mini tummy tuck is a surgical procedure which is also referred to as mini abdominoplasty. It’s a cosmetic procedure recommended to people who are bothered by the appearance of their lower abdomen. Different factors may be the reason why the appearance of the lower abdomen has changed such as aging, pregnancy, genetics, obesity, and more. The procedure focuses on reducing the excess fat, as well as skin from the lower abdomen.
Patients who are considered for mini tummy tuck cosmetic surgery procedure should also fit other criteria such as the following:
- Have stable weight.
- Be otherwise healthy.
- Have an acceptable excess of abdominal skin.
- Lack of significant sagging skin and muscles.
Many patients are given a gallery of mini tummy tuck before and after photos of previous patients. By doing so, each patient can see the actual results which can be expected from the procedure. The mini tummy tuck procedure should be explained by the physician to each patient, and it involves the following steps:
- An incision is made from one hip to the other one.
- It is followed by the removal of the excess pouch of skin and fat.
- Then the upper layer of the abdominal skin is stretched by the surgeon downwards.
- Once stretched the skin is sewn by the surgeon to the rest of the lower abdominal skin.
- A small drainage tube is placed for a short period of time to reduce the fluid build-up in the abdomen.
Once the procedure is over, patients are recommended to avoid physical activities for at least eight weeks. It’s necessary for the surgical incision to heal. Patients are given the option to take a look at their new lower abdominal appearance after the procedure. Most of them are quite surprised by the mini tummy tuck before and after the appearance of their lower abdomen.